Saibaba trust pays Rs 15 cr for Shirdi airport
Shirdi: While locals are protesting the
move, Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust has given Rs 15 crore to the
state government as the first instalment that will help
construct an airport here.
The Trust has given the amount to `Shirdi Viman Vikas
Samiti,` created by the government for this purpose.
Locals, who had called a bandh earlier on this issue,
are however opposing the decision to pay a total of Rs 50
crore to build it and have threatened to intensify their
They are complaining about lack of development in
Shirdi and are against the use of money -- which comes from
devotees -- for an airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?