Saibaba trust pays Rs 15 cr for Shirdi airport
Shirdi: While locals are protesting the
move, Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust has given Rs 15 crore to the
state government as the first instalment that will help
construct an airport here.
The Trust has given the amount to `Shirdi Viman Vikas
Samiti,` created by the government for this purpose.
Locals, who had called a bandh earlier on this issue,
are however opposing the decision to pay a total of Rs 50
crore to build it and have threatened to intensify their
They are complaining about lack of development in
Shirdi and are against the use of money -- which comes from
devotees -- for an airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media