Saibaba trust pays Rs 15 cr for Shirdi airport
Shirdi: While locals are protesting the
move, Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust has given Rs 15 crore to the
state government as the first instalment that will help
construct an airport here.
The Trust has given the amount to `Shirdi Viman Vikas
Samiti,` created by the government for this purpose.
Locals, who had called a bandh earlier on this issue,
are however opposing the decision to pay a total of Rs 50
crore to build it and have threatened to intensify their
They are complaining about lack of development in
Shirdi and are against the use of money -- which comes from
devotees -- for an airport.
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day