Saibaba trust pays Rs 15 cr for Shirdi airport
Shirdi: While locals are protesting the
move, Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust has given Rs 15 crore to the
state government as the first instalment that will help
construct an airport here.
The Trust has given the amount to `Shirdi Viman Vikas
Samiti,` created by the government for this purpose.
Locals, who had called a bandh earlier on this issue,
are however opposing the decision to pay a total of Rs 50
crore to build it and have threatened to intensify their
They are complaining about lack of development in
Shirdi and are against the use of money -- which comes from
devotees -- for an airport.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'