Salman Khurshid to visit France
New Delhi: Nuclear, defence and trade cooperation will be among the issues of focus when Salman Khurshid visits France from Thursday, the first visit by an Indian External Affairs Minister to that country in a decade.
"There are a lot of issues to be discussed...We have a very elaborate relationship on nuclear matters. And then there are defence cooperation agreements which are in the pipeline. All these issues will be on the table for discussion when the two leaders meet," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Asked if France also has issues with domestic nuclear liability law of India, he said "we can work within the four corners of that law and try and work out solutions....It is now for our partners to understand this and we are certain that they understand where we are coming from. It is within those broad parameters that we can work out solutions and let me assure you that we are working them out."
He also referred to the robust trade ties between the two countries. France is the ninth largest investor in India for the last nine-ten years while India is emerging as the 13th largest investor in France in the last five years, he said.
Apart from holding talks with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius, Khurshid will call on President Francois Hollande during his two-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack