Salman Khurshid to visit France
New Delhi: Nuclear, defence and trade cooperation will be among the issues of focus when Salman Khurshid visits France from Thursday, the first visit by an Indian External Affairs Minister to that country in a decade.
"There are a lot of issues to be discussed...We have a very elaborate relationship on nuclear matters. And then there are defence cooperation agreements which are in the pipeline. All these issues will be on the table for discussion when the two leaders meet," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Asked if France also has issues with domestic nuclear liability law of India, he said "we can work within the four corners of that law and try and work out solutions....It is now for our partners to understand this and we are certain that they understand where we are coming from. It is within those broad parameters that we can work out solutions and let me assure you that we are working them out."
He also referred to the robust trade ties between the two countries. France is the ninth largest investor in India for the last nine-ten years while India is emerging as the 13th largest investor in France in the last five years, he said.
Apart from holding talks with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius, Khurshid will call on President Francois Hollande during his two-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!