Salman Khurshid to visit France
New Delhi: Nuclear, defence and trade cooperation will be among the issues of focus when Salman Khurshid visits France from Thursday, the first visit by an Indian External Affairs Minister to that country in a decade.
"There are a lot of issues to be discussed...We have a very elaborate relationship on nuclear matters. And then there are defence cooperation agreements which are in the pipeline. All these issues will be on the table for discussion when the two leaders meet," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Asked if France also has issues with domestic nuclear liability law of India, he said "we can work within the four corners of that law and try and work out solutions....It is now for our partners to understand this and we are certain that they understand where we are coming from. It is within those broad parameters that we can work out solutions and let me assure you that we are working them out."
He also referred to the robust trade ties between the two countries. France is the ninth largest investor in India for the last nine-ten years while India is emerging as the 13th largest investor in France in the last five years, he said.
Apart from holding talks with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius, Khurshid will call on President Francois Hollande during his two-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video