Salman Khurshid to visit France
New Delhi: Nuclear, defence and trade cooperation will be among the issues of focus when Salman Khurshid visits France from Thursday, the first visit by an Indian External Affairs Minister to that country in a decade.
"There are a lot of issues to be discussed...We have a very elaborate relationship on nuclear matters. And then there are defence cooperation agreements which are in the pipeline. All these issues will be on the table for discussion when the two leaders meet," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Asked if France also has issues with domestic nuclear liability law of India, he said "we can work within the four corners of that law and try and work out solutions....It is now for our partners to understand this and we are certain that they understand where we are coming from. It is within those broad parameters that we can work out solutions and let me assure you that we are working them out."
He also referred to the robust trade ties between the two countries. France is the ninth largest investor in India for the last nine-ten years while India is emerging as the 13th largest investor in France in the last five years, he said.
Apart from holding talks with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius, Khurshid will call on President Francois Hollande during his two-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA