Salman Khurshid to visit France
New Delhi: Nuclear, defence and trade cooperation will be among the issues of focus when Salman Khurshid visits France from Thursday, the first visit by an Indian External Affairs Minister to that country in a decade.
"There are a lot of issues to be discussed...We have a very elaborate relationship on nuclear matters. And then there are defence cooperation agreements which are in the pipeline. All these issues will be on the table for discussion when the two leaders meet," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Asked if France also has issues with domestic nuclear liability law of India, he said "we can work within the four corners of that law and try and work out solutions....It is now for our partners to understand this and we are certain that they understand where we are coming from. It is within those broad parameters that we can work out solutions and let me assure you that we are working them out."
He also referred to the robust trade ties between the two countries. France is the ninth largest investor in India for the last nine-ten years while India is emerging as the 13th largest investor in France in the last five years, he said.
Apart from holding talks with his French counterpart Laurent Fabius, Khurshid will call on President Francois Hollande during his two-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post