Sam Pitroda threatens to sue Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Eminent technocrat Sam Pitroda on Thursday expressed shock over Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy allegations regarding the acquisition of a company that ran National Herald newspaper and threatened to sue him for defamation.
"The allegations made by Dr Swamy are utterly false, entirely baseless and defamatory. The action in calling a press conference is motivated.
"We are committed to pursuing all legal action against the scandalous abuse of right to speech in the press conference. If necessary we will pursue all legal remedies open to us," he said in his reaction to Swamy`s charges.
Earlier in the day, Swamy targeted Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi raising questions over acquisition of a company that published the now-defunct National Herald newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90 crore.
Pitroda, who is on the Managing Committee of `Young Indian`, a Sec 25 company which acquired Associated Journals Private Ltd, said he did not not understand the whole thing about the charges made by Swamy.
"I am shocked at this kind of attack," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof