Sanjay Nirupam`s remark on Narendra Modi draws flak from BJP, Congress
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Many political leaders on Sunday reacted to the controversial remark made by Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam yesterday wherein he had said that even PM Narendra Modi would have lost, had he contested LS polls on Congress` ticket.
"Such was the environment that even if (Narendra) Modi ji were a Congress candidate, he would have lost," said Nirupam whilst looking back at the election results.
However, his remark attracted many reactions from his fellow political leaders.
While taking a jibe at Nirupam`s remark, BJP MP, Meenakshi Lekhi, said, “Congress naam hi itna badnaam ho chuka hai, ye yahi darshaata hai (Nirupam`s comment reflects the notoriety in Congress` name).”
On the other hand, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that while some Congress leaders are open to introspection, there are people in Congress who are extremely arrogant.
Furthermore, it seems Nirupam`s remark didn`t go well with his fellow Congressman Rashid Alvi as well who said that in the same environment there are many Congress leaders who won elections.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series