Sanjay Nirupam`s remark on Narendra Modi draws flak from BJP, Congress
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Many political leaders on Sunday reacted to the controversial remark made by Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam yesterday wherein he had said that even PM Narendra Modi would have lost, had he contested LS polls on Congress` ticket.
"Such was the environment that even if (Narendra) Modi ji were a Congress candidate, he would have lost," said Nirupam whilst looking back at the election results.
However, his remark attracted many reactions from his fellow political leaders.
While taking a jibe at Nirupam`s remark, BJP MP, Meenakshi Lekhi, said, “Congress naam hi itna badnaam ho chuka hai, ye yahi darshaata hai (Nirupam`s comment reflects the notoriety in Congress` name).”
On the other hand, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that while some Congress leaders are open to introspection, there are people in Congress who are extremely arrogant.
Furthermore, it seems Nirupam`s remark didn`t go well with his fellow Congressman Rashid Alvi as well who said that in the same environment there are many Congress leaders who won elections.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!