Sathya Sai Baba’s ‘living will’ surfaces
Hyderabad: One of Sathya Sai Baba’s most famous followers, Isaac Tigrett of Hard Rock café fame, has claimed that he is the “living will” of the departed spiritual guru.
In a startling disclosure, Wednesday, Tigrett said that Sai Baba had given him some “instructions”, including details about his possible successor. The multi-millionaire said he is willing to share the same with the Sathya Sai Central Trust.
US-born Tigrett was very close to the Sathya Sai and had donated millions of dollars to fulfill the guru’s dream for an ultra modern hospital in Puttaparthi.
Trust members have, however, dismissed Tigrett’s claims about any secrets being told by Sai Baba to him. The trust hold the view that the guru used to have one to one discussions with many devotees but those interactions had nothing to do with the administration of the Trust.
The Trust is dismissing his claims despite Tigrett stressing that he has enough evidence to back his claims.
Tigrett reportedly told a news channel that he would reveal all the details on Guru Purnima, which falls on July 15 this year.
When asked whether there were any witnesses to what Sai Baba told him, Tigrett nodded a yes and said that the person who was privy to his discussion with Baba is also an ardent follower, someone whom the world would accept as a witness.
The development comes amidst speculation that money was being siphoned off from the Trust.
The Andhra Pradesh police has issued legal notices to two trustees including Sathya Sai’s nephew Ratnakar in connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh from a car belonging to the Trust which manages affairs of the late spiritual guru. Police had also arrested one person in connection with the recovery.
The money was seized two days after the Trust opened Yajur Mandir, the residence of the Sai Baba at Prashanti Nilayam in Puttaparthi. The Trust said on Friday it had found Rs 11.56 crore in cash, 98 kg gold and gold jewellery, and 307 kg of silver articles inside Yajur Mandir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad