SC hearing on Hasan Ali’s bail resumes today
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will, Thursday, resume hearing on the stay on the release on bail of Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan who is accused in money laundering cases. The bail was granted earlier by the Bombay High Court.
The case is being heard by the apex court based on a petition filed by the Enforcement Directorate challenging the High Court`s order granting bail to Khan.
It had also said the accused had created a complex maze of structures and transactions to hide the true source of funds and frustrate the investigations.
Meanwhile, during the previous hearing, senior counsel Anil Divan sought dismissal of the application moved by the Centre for recalling the apex court`s July 4 order directing the setting up of SIT comprising retired SC Judges Justice B P Jeevan Reddy and M B Shah to unearth the black money stashed abroad.
He said the Apex Court had rightly constituted as even the Centre had at that time admitted that the investigations were not proceeding in the right direction.
"That was the finding of the court on the basis of the concurrence of the petitioner and the government. The merits of the findings cannot be questioned by way of a recall petition," he argued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam