SC hearing on Hasan Ali’s bail resumes today
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will, Thursday, resume hearing on the stay on the release on bail of Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan who is accused in money laundering cases. The bail was granted earlier by the Bombay High Court.
The case is being heard by the apex court based on a petition filed by the Enforcement Directorate challenging the High Court`s order granting bail to Khan.
It had also said the accused had created a complex maze of structures and transactions to hide the true source of funds and frustrate the investigations.
Meanwhile, during the previous hearing, senior counsel Anil Divan sought dismissal of the application moved by the Centre for recalling the apex court`s July 4 order directing the setting up of SIT comprising retired SC Judges Justice B P Jeevan Reddy and M B Shah to unearth the black money stashed abroad.
He said the Apex Court had rightly constituted as even the Centre had at that time admitted that the investigations were not proceeding in the right direction.
"That was the finding of the court on the basis of the concurrence of the petitioner and the government. The merits of the findings cannot be questioned by way of a recall petition," he argued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'