SC hearing on Hasan Ali’s bail resumes today
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will, Thursday, resume hearing on the stay on the release on bail of Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan who is accused in money laundering cases. The bail was granted earlier by the Bombay High Court.
The case is being heard by the apex court based on a petition filed by the Enforcement Directorate challenging the High Court`s order granting bail to Khan.
It had also said the accused had created a complex maze of structures and transactions to hide the true source of funds and frustrate the investigations.
Meanwhile, during the previous hearing, senior counsel Anil Divan sought dismissal of the application moved by the Centre for recalling the apex court`s July 4 order directing the setting up of SIT comprising retired SC Judges Justice B P Jeevan Reddy and M B Shah to unearth the black money stashed abroad.
He said the Apex Court had rightly constituted as even the Centre had at that time admitted that the investigations were not proceeding in the right direction.
"That was the finding of the court on the basis of the concurrence of the petitioner and the government. The merits of the findings cannot be questioned by way of a recall petition," he argued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened