SC notice on Satyam officials` bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on a bail plea by four officials of the erstwhile Satyam Computers Ltd accused in one of India`s biggest corporate frauds.
A division bench of Justice Dalveer Bhandari and Justice Deepak Verma issued the notice, returnable in two weeks, after senior counsel Ashok Desai told the court that the prosecution had completed its arguments and there were no grounds for tampering with evidence.
The officials who have moved the court are the company`s former vice president G. Ramakrishna, former senior manager D. Venkatpathy Raju, former assistant manager C.S. Srisailam and former head of the company`s internal audit V.S.P. Gupta.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!