SC notice on Satyam officials` bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on a bail plea by four officials of the erstwhile Satyam Computers Ltd accused in one of India`s biggest corporate frauds.
A division bench of Justice Dalveer Bhandari and Justice Deepak Verma issued the notice, returnable in two weeks, after senior counsel Ashok Desai told the court that the prosecution had completed its arguments and there were no grounds for tampering with evidence.
The officials who have moved the court are the company`s former vice president G. Ramakrishna, former senior manager D. Venkatpathy Raju, former assistant manager C.S. Srisailam and former head of the company`s internal audit V.S.P. Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr