SC order on Thomas not blow to PM: Congress
New Delhi: The ruling Congress Thursday said the Supreme Court decision to strike down the appointment of PJ Thomas as central vigilance commissioner (CVC) was not a blow to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the party would study the order.
"We will discuss the Supreme Court order on the CVC appointment. It`s not a blow to the prime minister, we will judge the decision," said Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi.
The apex court Thursday set aside the appointment of Thomas CVC for his alleged involvement in a corruption case, exactly six months after he was appointed to the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das