SC verdict `long overdue`: Jaswant Singh
Coimbatore: Terming the Supreme Court verdict
on 2G scam as "well-deserved" and "long overdue," BJP leader
Jaswant Singh on Friday said it was a shame that the success story
of the telecom revolution in India was being "sullied" by UPA
government`s activities on the issue.
"I am also disappointed by the first reaction of the
Government, articulated by the Telecommunications Minister,
Kapil Sibal, transferring the very responsibility on NDA and a
(former) minister, who is arrested and languishing in jail for
the last one year" the former Finance Minister said.
Reacting to the apex verdict on cancelling the 2G spectrum
licences yesterday, Singh, who was also former Exernal Affairs
Minister in the Vajpayee-led NDA government, said, "The
honourable minister is trying to transfer the responsibility
in a disingenous manner."
While blaming the NDA for the 2003 policy which the UPA
implemented, Sibal had sought to shift blame on irregularities
in the manner in which it was implemented on then Telecom
Minister A Raja.
"The Supreme Court has clearly said that the then minister
(Raja) did not heed to the good advise of both Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh and the Finance Ministry," Sibal had said.
However, Singh said he was very glad by the verdict, which
was "well deserved and long over due."
Asked if there was need for Sibal to resign in view of his
claim of zero loss in 2G allocation, Singh said with the court
quantifying the loss, Sibal should spread this information (of
loss), instead of continuing to talk of zero loss.
Singh was here to participate in the consecration ceremony
of a newly-constructed Guruvayurappan temple by an Ayurvedic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened