Science fraternity overjoyed by Bharat Ratna to CNR Rao
Bangalore: Overjoyed scientific fraternity on Saturday described as the "happiest moment in country`s scientific history and just fantastic" the decision to confer the Bharat Ratna on renowned scientist C N R Rao.
"I am absolutely delighted. He is one of the best scientists the country has ever produced in independent India. And he richly deserves it", former Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman K Kasturirangan told by telephone from Washington, his voice, cracking with uncontrollable joy.
"I am sure that not only me, the entire scientific community will join me in expressing our happiest moment in the scientific history of the country", the veteran space scientist said. "I am many, many times delighted".
"It is just fantastic... It is long awaited one, a honour to his achievements and contribution to science," S M Shivaprasad, a senior Professor at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Reserch of which Rao is a founder and honorary President said.
He said "This award will definitely improve the scientific temper in the country and will also encourage many youngsters to join science and related research field- which is what Dr Rao always wanted."
"It is a great thing to happen, I`m proud of the fact that government of India has recognised his work. Dr Rao`s work is not only limited to the field of material science and nanotechnology, but he has contributed towards the growth of overall Science in this country," former President of Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research M S R Rao said.
"He is a role model to lot of us doing science related work; it is very hard to reach his stature with respect to Scientific work in India," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test