Scribes wage board to meet with newspapers` units, unions
Jaipur: The chairman of the Wage Board for
journalists and non-journalists of newspapers and news
agencies will hold meetings on fixation of new wages here.
Justice G R Majithia will hold a series of meeting with
employers, employees of newspapers and journalist unions at
Labour Commissioner`s office here on March 13 and 14, Labour
Commissioner Subir Kumar said today.
Under the Working Journalists and newspapers` employees
Act, 1955 two wage boards have been set to recommend the
revision of salary and other benefits to the union government
by the Majithia wage board, Kumar said.
All concerned employees, heads of scribe unions, and
employers have been intimated to hold talks with the justice
on the prescribed time schedule of two days, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray favours 'Sharia-type' law to tackle rape
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi