Scuffle inside Parliament over office space; TMC MPs forcibly evict TDP parliamentarians
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: TMC and TDP MPs got engaged in an ugly scuffle inside Parliament complex on Tuesday, over the issue of office space.
As per reports, MPs belonging to the Trinamool Congress removed the nameplates of Telegu Desam Party parliamentarians from Room No 5 on the ground floor of the circular building in Parliament. They later forcibly occupied the room.
The TMC MPs claimed that the room had been allotted to their party and hence, their action was justified.
TMC MPs allegedly remove nameplates of TDP MPs from a Parliament room,claim room was originally allotted to TMC pic.twitter.com/osck4jM4lL
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 12, 2014
The MPs of the two parties even flung nameplates while fighting for the office space.
TDP MPs, who slammed their counterparts from the TMC for unruly and uncultured behaviour, complained to the Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu about the incident.
Reports said following the scuffle, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan held a meeting with MPs of both the parties to resolve the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday