Scuffle inside Parliament over office space; TMC MPs forcibly evict TDP parliamentarians
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: TMC and TDP MPs got engaged in an ugly scuffle inside Parliament complex on Tuesday, over the issue of office space.
As per reports, MPs belonging to the Trinamool Congress removed the nameplates of Telegu Desam Party parliamentarians from Room No 5 on the ground floor of the circular building in Parliament. They later forcibly occupied the room.
The TMC MPs claimed that the room had been allotted to their party and hence, their action was justified.
TMC MPs allegedly remove nameplates of TDP MPs from a Parliament room,claim room was originally allotted to TMC pic.twitter.com/osck4jM4lL
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 12, 2014
The MPs of the two parties even flung nameplates while fighting for the office space.
TDP MPs, who slammed their counterparts from the TMC for unruly and uncultured behaviour, complained to the Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu about the incident.
Reports said following the scuffle, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan held a meeting with MPs of both the parties to resolve the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion