Scuffle inside Parliament over office space; TMC MPs forcibly evict TDP parliamentarians
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: TMC and TDP MPs got engaged in an ugly scuffle inside Parliament complex on Tuesday, over the issue of office space.
As per reports, MPs belonging to the Trinamool Congress removed the nameplates of Telegu Desam Party parliamentarians from Room No 5 on the ground floor of the circular building in Parliament. They later forcibly occupied the room.
The TMC MPs claimed that the room had been allotted to their party and hence, their action was justified.
TMC MPs allegedly remove nameplates of TDP MPs from a Parliament room,claim room was originally allotted to TMC pic.twitter.com/osck4jM4lL
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 12, 2014
The MPs of the two parties even flung nameplates while fighting for the office space.
TDP MPs, who slammed their counterparts from the TMC for unruly and uncultured behaviour, complained to the Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu about the incident.
Reports said following the scuffle, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan held a meeting with MPs of both the parties to resolve the matter.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor