Security beefed up at Indian airports, Rajnath Singh takes stock of situation
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh reviewed arrangements at airports and security was beefed up at major airports across India, including the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in the capital, after a terrorist attack at the Jinnah International Airport in Karachi, Pakistan on Sunday night.
An update from government sources said that the "Government of India has put all airports on heightened alert to guard against any terrorist attack on any Indian airport."
In the Karachi attack, at least 23 people, including 10 militants, were killed.
"Over 23,000 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel, deployed at the 59 Indian airports, were informed to be more vigilant just after the terror attack on Jinnah airport," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh told.
"As there is enough deployment of security personnel at all these airports, we have no need to increase the force. But, all the officials deployed have been asked to keep a close watch on all movements of passengers and other people," he said.
Officials have been asked to take quick action if they find anyone involved in suspicious activity, he said.
Delhi`s IGI Airport, whose inner security is covered by over 5,000 CISF personnel and outer security by Delhi Police officials, has been kept under tight vigil following the attack on the Pakistani airport, a police official said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!