Send all-party delegation to Bangladesh, BJP demands in RS
New Delhi: A demand was raised by BJP in Rajya Sabha today for sending an all-party delegation to Bangladesh to assess the "atrocities on Hindus" there by Jamaat-e-Islami.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Tarun Vijay (BJP) said atrocities were being committed on Hindus, who have been reduced to only nine per cent of the population now from 28 per cent at the time of creation of Bangladesh.
"Hindus are subjected to severe atrocities...They are being killed, forced to take refuge in India, and their abandoned properties are seized after being declared as wasteful property," he said.
He lauded the recent Shabag uprising saying it was a display of secular democratic forces that all Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Bengalis were Bangladeshis.
Vijay said Jamaat-e-Islami had sided with Pakistan during 1971 war and later when three of their leaders were hanged, scores of Hindus killed, women raped and murdered and the atrocities were still continuing in retaliation.
Chandan Mitra (BJP) seeking government intervention said, "Situation is explosive at this juncture in Bangladesh. Jamaat-e-Islami, backed by Pakistan and ISI and Huji, was creating a situation were Hindus and Buddhists were subjected to atrocities and 78 Buddhist places were torched."
Mitra, who had accompanied President Pranab Mukherjee to the neighbouring nation during his recent visit, said the delegation held talks about the situation with the authorities there.
Party colleague Ravi Shankar Prasad said it was violation of human rights in Bangladesh and demanded a response from the government.
To this, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla said, "I will convey the feelings of the House to External Affairs Minister and he will give a response."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal