Send all-party delegation to Bangladesh, BJP demands in RS
New Delhi: A demand was raised by BJP in Rajya Sabha today for sending an all-party delegation to Bangladesh to assess the "atrocities on Hindus" there by Jamaat-e-Islami.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Tarun Vijay (BJP) said atrocities were being committed on Hindus, who have been reduced to only nine per cent of the population now from 28 per cent at the time of creation of Bangladesh.
"Hindus are subjected to severe atrocities...They are being killed, forced to take refuge in India, and their abandoned properties are seized after being declared as wasteful property," he said.
He lauded the recent Shabag uprising saying it was a display of secular democratic forces that all Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Bengalis were Bangladeshis.
Vijay said Jamaat-e-Islami had sided with Pakistan during 1971 war and later when three of their leaders were hanged, scores of Hindus killed, women raped and murdered and the atrocities were still continuing in retaliation.
Chandan Mitra (BJP) seeking government intervention said, "Situation is explosive at this juncture in Bangladesh. Jamaat-e-Islami, backed by Pakistan and ISI and Huji, was creating a situation were Hindus and Buddhists were subjected to atrocities and 78 Buddhist places were torched."
Mitra, who had accompanied President Pranab Mukherjee to the neighbouring nation during his recent visit, said the delegation held talks about the situation with the authorities there.
Party colleague Ravi Shankar Prasad said it was violation of human rights in Bangladesh and demanded a response from the government.
To this, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla said, "I will convey the feelings of the House to External Affairs Minister and he will give a response."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison