Seven Indians missing off Oman coast
Dubai: Seven Indians on board a fishing boat have gone missing from Masirah waters in Oman and may have been kidnapped by pirates, a media report has said.
According to the report, coast guards in the country have been informed and the hunt is on to locate them despite adverse weather conditions. The missing Indians are all said to be from Tamil Nadu.
"They went for fishing as usual but have not returned yet. What I suspect is that they been hijacked by pirates," Saeed Rashid, owner of the fishing boat, told Times of Oman newspaper.
The boat reportedly went missing from al-Ashakara coast on Thursday evening.
"They went to fishing to the inner sea. What we learnt is that they ran out of fuel and were stranded in the sea. They might have been kidnapped from there," Rashid said.
The report also quoted International Maritime Bureau`s anti-crime arm as saying that on Wednesday, an LNF tank was attacked by pirates off the coast of Oman.
There are increased concerns over the pirates extending geographic range of their operations.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse