Sexual assault case: Asaram Bapu should be hanged, says victim’s father
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The father of the 16-year-old girl, who has accused Asaram Bapu of sexually assaulting her at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, on Tuesday night accused the self-styled godman of threatening his daughter to kill the whole family if she revealed anything.
The alleged sexual assault survivor’s father said that he used to regard Asaram Bapu as God, and with this shameful incident the godman has broken the trust of the whole family.
“Asaram Bapu should be hanged,” the father of the teenage girl demanded.
He also rubbished the reports of any conspiracy against the godman and said that he is ready for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe.
Asaram seeks more time to appear before cops
Asaram Bapu yesterday sought more time from Jodhpur police for appearing before it in connection with sexual assault charges against him even as he dismissed the allegations as being "baseless".
The 72-year-old godman, who personally received the police summons for questioning in the case, claimed he had been framed as part of a conspiracy.
"The allegations levelled against me are dirty and baseless and I have been framed as part of a conspiracy," Asaram told reporters at his ashram.
However, he did not elaborate on the conspiracy angle and neither did he take any names. Asaram claimed at the time of the alleged incident, he was not present in his Jodhpur ashram, but was in a hut in solitude.
Responding to a query related to the charges, he said, "At present I am not planning to apply for an anticipatory bail, but will take a call on it depending upon the situation".
The girl had made a complaint at a police station in Delhi on Aug 20, accusing Asaram Bapu of sexually assaulting her at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, police said.
The notice directed him to appear before Jodhpur police by Aug. 30 for questioning in connection with the charges levelled against him by a 16-year-old girl.
However, citing prior engagements till August 31, Asaram sought more time to appear before the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing