Sexual assault case: Asaram`s supporters stop railway trains in Thane
Mumbai: Enraged by the arrest of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, his followers and supporters stopped several trains at Ulhasnagar`s railway tracks in the neighbouring Thane district on Sunday, official sources said.
Scores of Asaram Bapu supporters staged a rail roko at around 12.30 pm, delaying local trains between the Kalyan-Karjat section for over half-an-hour, they said.
Asaram was arrested by the Jodhpur Police after midnight from his ashram in Indore.
His arrest followed an FIR filed by a 16-year-old girl, alleging she was sexually assaulted by Asaram at his ashram in Jodhpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources