Shahabuddin gets bail in one more case, but to remain in jail
Siwan: Former RJD MP Md Shahabuddin was granted bail for illegal possession of mobile phones and related equipment in jail by a court in Bihar`s Siwan district on Monday, but he will remain behind bars in another case.
Chief Judicial magistrate Subhash Prasad passed the order granting bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel moved an application for it.
The former RJD MP was present in the court during the hearing on his bail application.
Siwan Jail Superintendent Uma Shankar had lodged a case against Shahabuddin for illegally possessing mobile phones, SIM cards and related equipment which were recovered during a search of his ward on January one, 2006.
Shahabuddin will remain in Siwan jail as trial is going on against him in another case of abduction and murder of a trader`s two sons in the district a decade ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India