Shahabuddin gets bail in one more case, but to remain in jail
Siwan: Former RJD MP Md Shahabuddin was granted bail for illegal possession of mobile phones and related equipment in jail by a court in Bihar`s Siwan district on Monday, but he will remain behind bars in another case.
Chief Judicial magistrate Subhash Prasad passed the order granting bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel moved an application for it.
The former RJD MP was present in the court during the hearing on his bail application.
Siwan Jail Superintendent Uma Shankar had lodged a case against Shahabuddin for illegally possessing mobile phones, SIM cards and related equipment which were recovered during a search of his ward on January one, 2006.
Shahabuddin will remain in Siwan jail as trial is going on against him in another case of abduction and murder of a trader`s two sons in the district a decade ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region