Shahabuddin gets bail in one more case, but to remain in jail
Siwan: Former RJD MP Md Shahabuddin was granted bail for illegal possession of mobile phones and related equipment in jail by a court in Bihar`s Siwan district on Monday, but he will remain behind bars in another case.
Chief Judicial magistrate Subhash Prasad passed the order granting bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel moved an application for it.
The former RJD MP was present in the court during the hearing on his bail application.
Siwan Jail Superintendent Uma Shankar had lodged a case against Shahabuddin for illegally possessing mobile phones, SIM cards and related equipment which were recovered during a search of his ward on January one, 2006.
Shahabuddin will remain in Siwan jail as trial is going on against him in another case of abduction and murder of a trader`s two sons in the district a decade ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city