Shahabuddin gets bail in one more case, but to remain in jail
Siwan: Former RJD MP Md Shahabuddin was granted bail for illegal possession of mobile phones and related equipment in jail by a court in Bihar`s Siwan district on Monday, but he will remain behind bars in another case.
Chief Judicial magistrate Subhash Prasad passed the order granting bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel moved an application for it.
The former RJD MP was present in the court during the hearing on his bail application.
Siwan Jail Superintendent Uma Shankar had lodged a case against Shahabuddin for illegally possessing mobile phones, SIM cards and related equipment which were recovered during a search of his ward on January one, 2006.
Shahabuddin will remain in Siwan jail as trial is going on against him in another case of abduction and murder of a trader`s two sons in the district a decade ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor