Shahabuddin gets bail in one more case, but to remain in jail
Siwan: Former RJD MP Md Shahabuddin was granted bail for illegal possession of mobile phones and related equipment in jail by a court in Bihar`s Siwan district on Monday, but he will remain behind bars in another case.
Chief Judicial magistrate Subhash Prasad passed the order granting bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel moved an application for it.
The former RJD MP was present in the court during the hearing on his bail application.
Siwan Jail Superintendent Uma Shankar had lodged a case against Shahabuddin for illegally possessing mobile phones, SIM cards and related equipment which were recovered during a search of his ward on January one, 2006.
Shahabuddin will remain in Siwan jail as trial is going on against him in another case of abduction and murder of a trader`s two sons in the district a decade ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster