Sharad Yadav rubbishes TIME story
New Delhi: The JD-U on Monday asked the government to "introspect" over its support to the open market economy in the wake of TIME magazine`s criticism of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh dubbing him as an "under achiever".
"The Indian government is following US and European economy model. Prime Minister and his ministers including Chidamabaram and also Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia are working round the clock for the open market system," JD-U leader Sharad Yadav told reporters.
He said, "Despite their efforts the Western power is not happy because they want more. The ruling party is the big patron of the open market system. It is a lesson for Singh and his team that they do not want to spare you despite your effort to open up the market."
Advising the ruling parties to "introspect and have self respect", the JD-U leader said, "the western countries want more opening in the market like FDI in retail."
Yadav also rubbished the report of Standard and Poor`s downgrading the rating of the country.
Criticising the US and Europe for pushing the "system of loot", he asserted that the Prime Minister also favoured open market.
"He had even deserted the Left for signing the nuclear deal with US. One should understand they will be satisfied only when the loot system will be fully introduced here," Yadav asserted.
Criticising the TIME magazine, he said, "TIME is the patron of capitalism. They want FDI. It is unfortunate that we are giving so much importance to the TIME magazine`s view. It is a pressure tactic. Their opinion has no meaning here as it is not going to benefit the poor here."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre