Shehla murder: Accused remanded to CBI custody
Indore: A court here Wednesday remanded the two accused including a woman interior designer in the RTI
activist Shehla Masood murder case to six days` CBI custody.
Interior designer Zaheeda Pervez and co-accused Sakib Ali
were produced in the court of Special Judicial Magistrate
(CBI) Dr Shubhra Singh today.
Zaheeda`s lawyer, advocate Nafeesa Khan, told reporters
that her client told the court that the central agency was
"mentally torturing" her.
The court asked the agency not to torture her mentally,
while asking Zaheeda to cooperate with CBI, advocate Khan
said. The judge also directed that Zaheeda be examined by
doctors daily, and reports be given to the court.
The CBI lawyer told the court that the agency needed
their custody as it was yet to recover the vehicle used in the
killing, and trace the money that had been paid to the
The CBI yesterday arrested Zahida Parvez from Bhopal,
who, it said, had hired a contract killer to kill Masood.
However, the CBI lawyer today did not say what was Sakib Ali`s
role in the crime.
According to sources, Zahida told CBI sleuths that she
had Masood killed, because she suspected the RTI activist`s
relations with her husband.
Masood, a well-known RTI activist, was shot dead outside
her house at Koh-e-Fiza locality of Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
Masood was shot dead outside her house at Koh-e-Fiza
locality on August 16, 2011 when she was going to take part in
protests in support of Jan Lokpal Bill.
Masood was an RTI activist who had worked in several
areas including environment protection, conservation of
wildlife and anti-corruption movement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani