Shinde needs to understand he is Home Minister of India: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Thursday attacked Sushilkumar Shinde for his recent “Hindu terror” remarks, saying that he needs to understand that he is the Home Minister of the country.
Shinde had made the controversial remark at the AICC meet on Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror-training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde’s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
“Shinde needs to understand that he is Home Minister of the country and cannot make such remarks,” Singh said on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Shinde refused to comment on Thursday when asked about the BJP’s nationwide protests against his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA