Shinde needs to understand he is Home Minister of India: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Thursday attacked Sushilkumar Shinde for his recent “Hindu terror” remarks, saying that he needs to understand that he is the Home Minister of the country.
Shinde had made the controversial remark at the AICC meet on Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror-training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde’s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
“Shinde needs to understand that he is Home Minister of the country and cannot make such remarks,” Singh said on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Shinde refused to comment on Thursday when asked about the BJP’s nationwide protests against his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!