Shinde needs to understand he is Home Minister of India: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Thursday attacked Sushilkumar Shinde for his recent “Hindu terror” remarks, saying that he needs to understand that he is the Home Minister of the country.
Shinde had made the controversial remark at the AICC meet on Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror-training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde’s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
“Shinde needs to understand that he is Home Minister of the country and cannot make such remarks,” Singh said on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Shinde refused to comment on Thursday when asked about the BJP’s nationwide protests against his remarks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory