Shinde needs to understand he is Home Minister of India: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Thursday attacked Sushilkumar Shinde for his recent “Hindu terror” remarks, saying that he needs to understand that he is the Home Minister of the country.
Shinde had made the controversial remark at the AICC meet on Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror-training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde’s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
“Shinde needs to understand that he is Home Minister of the country and cannot make such remarks,” Singh said on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Shinde refused to comment on Thursday when asked about the BJP’s nationwide protests against his remarks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference