Shinde needs to understand he is Home Minister of India: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Thursday attacked Sushilkumar Shinde for his recent “Hindu terror” remarks, saying that he needs to understand that he is the Home Minister of the country.
Shinde had made the controversial remark at the AICC meet on Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror-training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde’s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
“Shinde needs to understand that he is Home Minister of the country and cannot make such remarks,” Singh said on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Shinde refused to comment on Thursday when asked about the BJP’s nationwide protests against his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical