Shiv Sena slams Rahul`s comment on terror
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Thursday reacted
sharply to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s statement that all
terrorist attacks cannot be stopped, terming it as an "insult"
"Rahul does not leave a single chance to insult
Mumbai. When he says the terror attacks will continue to
happen, it shows that he is not fit to live in India," Sena MP
Sanjay Raut said.
Raut was reacting to Congress General Secretary`s
statement in Bhubaneshwar that it was very difficult to stop
every single terrorist attack.
Gandhi had said though 99 per cent terror strikes in
the country had been prevented due to vigilance and
intelligence, the aim was to achieve 100 per cent result.
"It is very difficult to stop every single terrorist
attack. Steps taken by our government (to tackle terror) over
the years have been very profound steps," he said.
When pointed out that there was no terror attack in
the US after the 9/11 strike whereas India often faced the
menace, Gandhi has said that the Americans had been facing
attacks in other places like Afghanistan.
Raut alleged that by his statement on the US coming
under terror attacks in places like Afghanistan, the Congress
leader had wrongly drawn a parallel between those martyred in
Mumbai and the victims in the strife-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon