Shiv Sena slams Rahul`s comment on terror
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Thursday reacted
sharply to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s statement that all
terrorist attacks cannot be stopped, terming it as an "insult"
"Rahul does not leave a single chance to insult
Mumbai. When he says the terror attacks will continue to
happen, it shows that he is not fit to live in India," Sena MP
Sanjay Raut said.
Raut was reacting to Congress General Secretary`s
statement in Bhubaneshwar that it was very difficult to stop
every single terrorist attack.
Gandhi had said though 99 per cent terror strikes in
the country had been prevented due to vigilance and
intelligence, the aim was to achieve 100 per cent result.
"It is very difficult to stop every single terrorist
attack. Steps taken by our government (to tackle terror) over
the years have been very profound steps," he said.
When pointed out that there was no terror attack in
the US after the 9/11 strike whereas India often faced the
menace, Gandhi has said that the Americans had been facing
attacks in other places like Afghanistan.
Raut alleged that by his statement on the US coming
under terror attacks in places like Afghanistan, the Congress
leader had wrongly drawn a parallel between those martyred in
Mumbai and the victims in the strife-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray