Shivraj Singh Chouhan rising star of Indian politics: Venkaiah
Bhopal: Hailing Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for his "able governance", senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Thursday termed him as "the rising star of Indian politics and a man of competence".
"Chouhan is the rising star of Indian politics. He is the man of character, capacity, capability and competence," Venkaiah said while addressing the Skill Summit organised by the state technical education and skill development department here.
Venkaiah said agriculture growth at 18 percent in Madhya Pradesh was the highest in the country and has even surpassed Gujarat which registered 12 percent growth.
"With his able governance, Chouhan has proved his capability and Madhya Pradesh has now become a role model. I felt very proud when President Pranab Mukherjee honoured Chouhan recently in New Delhi for this achievement", Venkaiah said.
In a candid observation, the former BJP president said many leaders were doubtful that Chouhan would be able to handle the affairs at the helm as he had no previous experience as minister, however Chouhan proved them wrong.
"However, I was aware of Chouhan`s capabilities when he was the MP and president of BJP`s youth wing", he said.
Highlighting the importance of developing technical skills, Venkaiah said "it will not only provide employment but also provide an avenue to start their own specialised work as there is huge demand for electricians, plumbers and welders among others".
Pointing out that the number of unemployed youth has been growing by 1.30 crore every year and providing jobs to them a daunting task, he said "this problem can be sorted out with the partnership between government and private sector".
In his address, Chouhan said nobody in the state would remain unemployed as his government has taken a number of initiatives in that regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur