Sibal refuses to join issue with Joshi over CAG report
Mumbai: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Saturday
refused to join issue with PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on
the former`s criticism of Comptroller and Auditor General`s
report on presumptive losses in 2G spectrum scam, saying he
was not aware of the statement of the BJP leader.
"Joshi is a very respected member of Parliament. I
am not aware of what he has said (on his criticism of CAG),"
Sibal told reporters on the sidelines of a function at IIT-
Bombay when approached for his comments.
Sibal said he can respond only after he has seen the
The Telecom Minister had yesterday dubbed the CAG`s
figure of a presumptive loss of Rs 1.76-lakh crore as
"erroneous" and said "it had no basis".
Joshi today slammed Sibal for debunking CAG estimates
of losses of Rs 1.76 lakh crore, saying it was "improper" and
demonstrated his "very casual" approach.
"In my opinion, it is highly improper. The CAG has
never said that it is the exact amount. Sibal should have
read the report carefully," Joshi said in Guwahati while
reacting to Sibal`s assertion.
Joshi, a former Union Minister, said the CAG had
always maintained that the figures of loss were presumptive
and that the government auditor had never said the figure of
Rs 1.76 lakh crore was final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack