Sibal refuses to join issue with Joshi over CAG report
Mumbai: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Saturday
refused to join issue with PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on
the former`s criticism of Comptroller and Auditor General`s
report on presumptive losses in 2G spectrum scam, saying he
was not aware of the statement of the BJP leader.
"Joshi is a very respected member of Parliament. I
am not aware of what he has said (on his criticism of CAG),"
Sibal told reporters on the sidelines of a function at IIT-
Bombay when approached for his comments.
Sibal said he can respond only after he has seen the
The Telecom Minister had yesterday dubbed the CAG`s
figure of a presumptive loss of Rs 1.76-lakh crore as
"erroneous" and said "it had no basis".
Joshi today slammed Sibal for debunking CAG estimates
of losses of Rs 1.76 lakh crore, saying it was "improper" and
demonstrated his "very casual" approach.
"In my opinion, it is highly improper. The CAG has
never said that it is the exact amount. Sibal should have
read the report carefully," Joshi said in Guwahati while
reacting to Sibal`s assertion.
Joshi, a former Union Minister, said the CAG had
always maintained that the figures of loss were presumptive
and that the government auditor had never said the figure of
Rs 1.76 lakh crore was final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video