Singapore: Missing Indian`s body retrieved
Singapore: The body of an Indian national, believed to be construction worker Raman Selvam who went missing last week, was Monday retrieved from a reservoir here.
33-year-old Raman was reported missing since Saturday and was last seen walking into the reservoir, local media said.
The man refused help from passers-by who had tried to throw him a life buoy, according to media reports citing eyewitnesses.
The reports quoted Raman`s friends as saying that he had been acting strangely for a week due to family problems.
Raman was married.
More than 20 officers from the Singapore Civil Defence Force and the Naval Diving Unit had been searching for the body over the weekend.
The reservoir in a suburb park within the Bedok housing estate is popular place for joggers, walkers and cyclists.
Raman had worked at a construction site about 500 metres away from the reservoir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says