Sister again appeals for Sarabjit`s release
Sonepat: The sister of Sarabjit Singh, the Indian national imprisoned in a Pakistani jail, has cited the acquittal of Pakistani microbiologist Mohammed Khalil Chishti to appeal to the neighbouring country`s government for her brother`s release.
Dalbir Kaur`s appeal comes ahead of Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s visit to the country. She said she had already met External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid requesting an audience with Malik.
Dalbir, who was accompanied by Sarabjit`s daughter Swapandeep, said that just as rights groups in India had campaigned for Chishti`s release so should their Pakistani counterparts ramp up efforts to have Sarabjit set free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city