Situation is very pathetic: Supreme Court on acid attacks
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday expressed concern over growing number of acid attacks in the country.
The apex court, while taking note of the matter, issued notices to the Central and state governments on a public interest litigation (PIL) for rehabilitation of victims of acid attacks.
“The situation is very pathetic,” the SC bench rued, and asked, “Why is there laxity on
the part of the government?”
The governments have been asked to reply to the notices within six weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video