Situation is very pathetic: Supreme Court on acid attacks
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday expressed concern over growing number of acid attacks in the country.
The apex court, while taking note of the matter, issued notices to the Central and state governments on a public interest litigation (PIL) for rehabilitation of victims of acid attacks.
“The situation is very pathetic,” the SC bench rued, and asked, “Why is there laxity on
the part of the government?”
The governments have been asked to reply to the notices within six weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai