Situation is very pathetic: Supreme Court on acid attacks
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday expressed concern over growing number of acid attacks in the country.
The apex court, while taking note of the matter, issued notices to the Central and state governments on a public interest litigation (PIL) for rehabilitation of victims of acid attacks.
“The situation is very pathetic,” the SC bench rued, and asked, “Why is there laxity on
the part of the government?”
The governments have been asked to reply to the notices within six weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown