Situation is very pathetic: Supreme Court on acid attacks
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday expressed concern over growing number of acid attacks in the country.
The apex court, while taking note of the matter, issued notices to the Central and state governments on a public interest litigation (PIL) for rehabilitation of victims of acid attacks.
“The situation is very pathetic,” the SC bench rued, and asked, “Why is there laxity on
the part of the government?”
The governments have been asked to reply to the notices within six weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured