Situation is very pathetic: Supreme Court on acid attacks
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday expressed concern over growing number of acid attacks in the country.
The apex court, while taking note of the matter, issued notices to the Central and state governments on a public interest litigation (PIL) for rehabilitation of victims of acid attacks.
“The situation is very pathetic,” the SC bench rued, and asked, “Why is there laxity on
the part of the government?”
The governments have been asked to reply to the notices within six weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city