Situation on border with Pak tense: Army
Jhangar LoC (Rajouri): Firing, ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts from across the border have increased and the situation along the LoC is tense, the Army said on Wednesday.
"The situation on the border (with Pakistan) is tense but under control," General Officer Commanding (GOC) 16 Corps, Lt Gen D S Hooda, told reporters here.
"Firing (from across the border) has increased in the past two to three months. Ceasefire violations have increased. The situation on the border is tense," he said.
The GOC was replying to a volley of questions on the situation along LoC on the sidelines of a function to remember Brigadier Mohd Usman who attained martyrdom while defending the country during 1947-48 operations in Naoshera sector.
"Whatever you say on the ground is true. Infiltration attempts are going on. Two attempts -- one in Keri (Rajouri) and another in Poonch have been foiled recently," Lt Gen Hooda said.
"Infiltrators are now attacking our security forces, targeting our posts more openly as they are desperate to infiltrate.
"But in Kashmir, they are able to infiltrate because of heavy snowfall which damages the fencing erected for checking infiltration," he said.
"Attack on security forces to inflict more and more casualties is the new strategy of infiltrators," the army officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you