Six militants, 3 Armymen killed in J&K gunbattle
Jammu: Six armed foreign militants were
killed late on Monday and three Armymen lost their lives in a fierce
gunbattle that broke out along the Line of Control (LOC) in
Kupwara sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Acting on a tip-off, troops picked up the movement of a
group of infiltrating militants in 104 forward location along
LoC in Kupwara belt and launched an operation, triggering the
encounter, a senior Army official at Udhampur-based Northern
Six foreign militants and three Army jawans were killed
in the gunbattle, which was on when reports last came in from
Meanwhile, security forces have recovered
three anti-personnel mines from a field near the Indo-Pak
border in Samba district of J&K.
Acting on information provided by a farmer, security
forces recovered the three mines from his field near the
International Border in Sadha Chak area, about 47-kms from
here, last night, police said.
The mines were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city