Six militants, 3 Armymen killed in J&K gunbattle
Jammu: Six armed foreign militants were
killed late on Monday and three Armymen lost their lives in a fierce
gunbattle that broke out along the Line of Control (LOC) in
Kupwara sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Acting on a tip-off, troops picked up the movement of a
group of infiltrating militants in 104 forward location along
LoC in Kupwara belt and launched an operation, triggering the
encounter, a senior Army official at Udhampur-based Northern
Six foreign militants and three Army jawans were killed
in the gunbattle, which was on when reports last came in from
Meanwhile, security forces have recovered
three anti-personnel mines from a field near the Indo-Pak
border in Samba district of J&K.
Acting on information provided by a farmer, security
forces recovered the three mines from his field near the
International Border in Sadha Chak area, about 47-kms from
here, last night, police said.
The mines were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi