Six militants, 3 Armymen killed in J&K gunbattle
Jammu: Six armed foreign militants were
killed late on Monday and three Armymen lost their lives in a fierce
gunbattle that broke out along the Line of Control (LOC) in
Kupwara sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Acting on a tip-off, troops picked up the movement of a
group of infiltrating militants in 104 forward location along
LoC in Kupwara belt and launched an operation, triggering the
encounter, a senior Army official at Udhampur-based Northern
Six foreign militants and three Army jawans were killed
in the gunbattle, which was on when reports last came in from
Meanwhile, security forces have recovered
three anti-personnel mines from a field near the Indo-Pak
border in Samba district of J&K.
Acting on information provided by a farmer, security
forces recovered the three mines from his field near the
International Border in Sadha Chak area, about 47-kms from
here, last night, police said.
The mines were later defused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know