Sixth Economic Census to be carried out in 2012
New Delhi: The government is planning to
conduct the Sixth Economic Census in collaboration with state
and union territories in 2012, Parliament was informed on Thursday.
In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, Minister of State
(Independent Charge) for Statistics and Programme
Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena said the Census envisages to
cover all establishments or enterprises engaged in various
economic activities both in the organised and unorganised
sectors of the economy.
The information collected during the Census would not
only provide updated frame for detailed follow-up surveys but
would also give entrepreneurial data at village and ward level
for planning and development, especially for unorganised
sector of the economy.
The minister said the plan is to release the Quick
Results within 60 days of completion of field work by the
states and UTs and the All-India report within one year of
completion of field work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- PCB faces criticism for sending 4 media managers for England tour
- MDSU BSTC 2016 (bstcmdsu2016.com): Check Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University college allotment list 2016
- CBSE to conduct NEET-II on July 24
- BJP demands CBI enquiry into AAP leader Santosh Koli's death
- PCB: Shahryar Khan gets Nawaz Sharif's nod to continue as Chairman