Sixth Economic Census to be carried out in 2012
New Delhi: The government is planning to
conduct the Sixth Economic Census in collaboration with state
and union territories in 2012, Parliament was informed on Thursday.
In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, Minister of State
(Independent Charge) for Statistics and Programme
Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena said the Census envisages to
cover all establishments or enterprises engaged in various
economic activities both in the organised and unorganised
sectors of the economy.
The information collected during the Census would not
only provide updated frame for detailed follow-up surveys but
would also give entrepreneurial data at village and ward level
for planning and development, especially for unorganised
sector of the economy.
The minister said the plan is to release the Quick
Results within 60 days of completion of field work by the
states and UTs and the All-India report within one year of
completion of field work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad