Sixth Economic Census to be carried out in 2012
New Delhi: The government is planning to
conduct the Sixth Economic Census in collaboration with state
and union territories in 2012, Parliament was informed on Thursday.
In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, Minister of State
(Independent Charge) for Statistics and Programme
Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena said the Census envisages to
cover all establishments or enterprises engaged in various
economic activities both in the organised and unorganised
sectors of the economy.
The information collected during the Census would not
only provide updated frame for detailed follow-up surveys but
would also give entrepreneurial data at village and ward level
for planning and development, especially for unorganised
sector of the economy.
The minister said the plan is to release the Quick
Results within 60 days of completion of field work by the
states and UTs and the All-India report within one year of
completion of field work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur