Sneak into India fast and do something big, says HM intercept
Jammu: With its ultras in Jammu and Kashmir
constantly on the run in the wake of stepped up operations by
security agencies, the Hizbul Mujahideen has asked its
POK-based leadership to sneak into India and strike in a big
"Sneak into India fast and do something big," said an HM
commander to one of the outfit`s leaders based in Pakistan
Occupied Kashmir during a conversation intercepted recently by
security agencies, officers of the Indian Army today said.
The conversation took place between A-category commander
of HM code Alfa 01 in Pir Panchal Ranges with HM commander in
POK Abu Suhaib.
The call for infiltration given by an HM commander on
this side of the border to his POK-based counterpart is being
seen by the Indian Army as a sign of growing frustration among
HM cadres after elimination of a large number of the militant
outfit`s top rung leaders in encounters in the recent past.
"As is evident, terrorists especially leaders have been
on the run in both Kashmir valley as well as in Jammu region
due to increasing number of encounters initiated by security
forces in past," army officers said.
"As compared to the past practice of staying in
hideouts, militants have changed their tactics and are now
regularly on the move, not staying in one house for more than
three hours due to fear of encounters", they said.
They do not trust the local population whether Hindus or
Muslims any more and are always on the run trying to revive
lost ground, they said.
53 self-styled commanders from different outfits- 22
of Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT), 23 of HM, five of Jaish-e-Mohammad
(JeM), one of Harkat-ul-jehadi Islami (HUJI) and one of Albadr
were killed in 2009, which included the Hizb`s Deputy Chief of
Operation Shabir Ahmed, top Divisional Commanders of JeM, HM
and LeT- Abdullah Satar, Saqib and Yousuf Gujjar.
As many as 37 militants have been killed in 2010 till
May 15, they said, adding, it included 22 commanders of Hizb,
LeT and JeM.
Therefore, the aim of the Inter Services Intelligence
(ISI) and the militant leaders in Pakistan is to regain the
lost initiative and bring these areas in J&K back in national
and international focus by trying to impose and infiltrate
foreign militants in J&K.
This can be gauged from the fact that there have been
56 infiltration attempts, five ceasefire violations, 126
militancy-related incidents and 45 encounters since January
this year in which a total of 73 people have been killed,
including 18 civilians, 19 security personnel and 37
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- IPL 2016: Superman AB de Villiers does it again, takes RCB into final with incredible 79-run knock vs GL
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in MBOSE Tura Class 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2016 Meghalaya Board announced
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in SSLC Results 2016: MBOSE Meghalaya Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 declared
- 'I swear my allegiance to Sonia ji, Rahul ji', say West Bengal Congress MLAs on a stamp paper
- Faintest galaxy ever captured by scientists