Snooping case: Everybody knows how caged parrot works, says Kirti Azad
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kirti Azad on Sunday criticised suspended Gujarat IAS officer Pradeep Sharma over the latter`s request for the CBI inquiry in the recent snooping issue, saying that everybody knows how caged parrot works.
“The IAS officer in question is I think suspended. And such a person is himself facing allegations” Azad said.
In response to the statement made by Sharma appealing for CBI inquiry in snooping issue, Azad said: “According to my knowledge, all these tapes are already submitted with the Supreme Court since 2008, so inquiry is in process. Everybody knows about the ‘caged parrot’ (CBI) and how it works. Congress knows the source behind this mentality,” he said.
“These all dirty tricks played by the Congress. This time they got something new against Narendra Modi. They won’t talk about price rise, corruption, border situation, naxalism, terrorism etc; instead they are make officers say bogus things in the public, intending to malign Mod,” he said.
Sharma, who has been fighting a legal battle against the Narendra Modi government on Saturday pleaded with the Supreme Court to order a CBI probe against the Gujarat chief minister in the snooping controversy, saying it was done illegally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris with 'iris recognition' launched in India at Rs 13,999
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik detained in Srinagar ahead of Thursday's shutdown
- IPL 2016: Revealed – This is Sunrisers Hyderabad's Mustafizur Rahman’s biggest fear!
- Centre renames disability department; 'viklang' to be called as 'divyang'