Snooping case: Everybody knows how caged parrot works, says Kirti Azad
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kirti Azad on Sunday criticised suspended Gujarat IAS officer Pradeep Sharma over the latter`s request for the CBI inquiry in the recent snooping issue, saying that everybody knows how caged parrot works.
“The IAS officer in question is I think suspended. And such a person is himself facing allegations” Azad said.
In response to the statement made by Sharma appealing for CBI inquiry in snooping issue, Azad said: “According to my knowledge, all these tapes are already submitted with the Supreme Court since 2008, so inquiry is in process. Everybody knows about the ‘caged parrot’ (CBI) and how it works. Congress knows the source behind this mentality,” he said.
“These all dirty tricks played by the Congress. This time they got something new against Narendra Modi. They won’t talk about price rise, corruption, border situation, naxalism, terrorism etc; instead they are make officers say bogus things in the public, intending to malign Mod,” he said.
Sharma, who has been fighting a legal battle against the Narendra Modi government on Saturday pleaded with the Supreme Court to order a CBI probe against the Gujarat chief minister in the snooping controversy, saying it was done illegally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says