Sohrab case: Brother accuses CBI of changing statement
Ahmedabad: One of the brothers of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Nayamuddin, who is a witness in the fake
encounter killing case, has alleged CBI has altered his
statement and included some portions which he never said
In a two-page affidavit sent to the special CBI court of
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A Y Dave here today,
Nayamuddin said three points, which he had not stated to CBI,
have been included in his statement.
Of the three points, the first is that one of the
arrested IPS officers in the case, Abhay Chudasama, had asked
him to withdraw the petition filed in Supreme court in
Second, Chudasama had threatened him in the name of
Madhya Pradesh government to get the petition withdrawn and
third that he was given inducement by Chudasama to do the
Nayamuddin has said in the affidavit that after CBI filed
the chargesheet in the case on July 23, he came to know that
these three points were added in his statement without his
knowledge or consent.
He has further stated that he was filing this affidavit
so that no innocent person is affected by the incorrect
portions included in his statement.
Meanwhile, Sohrabuddin`s other brother Rubabuddin has
maintained that he had received threats from Chudasama.
"We did get threats from Chudasama to withdraw the case
which we had filed in the Supreme Court," Rubabuddin said
over phone from his village in Ujjain district.
He also said he had no knowledge of the affidavit filed
by his brother Nayamuddin in the CBI court here.
Rubabuddin said he had "full faith" in the CBI which was
investigating the case after SC order in January this year.
According to the chargesheet filed in the case by CBI,
Chudasama had offered Rubabuddin Rs 50 lakh to withdraw the
petition from the Supreme Court. He was also threatened by
Chudasama over phone, it further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan