Sohrab case: Brother accuses CBI of changing statement
Ahmedabad: One of the brothers of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Nayamuddin, who is a witness in the fake
encounter killing case, has alleged CBI has altered his
statement and included some portions which he never said
In a two-page affidavit sent to the special CBI court of
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A Y Dave here today,
Nayamuddin said three points, which he had not stated to CBI,
have been included in his statement.
Of the three points, the first is that one of the
arrested IPS officers in the case, Abhay Chudasama, had asked
him to withdraw the petition filed in Supreme court in
Second, Chudasama had threatened him in the name of
Madhya Pradesh government to get the petition withdrawn and
third that he was given inducement by Chudasama to do the
Nayamuddin has said in the affidavit that after CBI filed
the chargesheet in the case on July 23, he came to know that
these three points were added in his statement without his
knowledge or consent.
He has further stated that he was filing this affidavit
so that no innocent person is affected by the incorrect
portions included in his statement.
Meanwhile, Sohrabuddin`s other brother Rubabuddin has
maintained that he had received threats from Chudasama.
"We did get threats from Chudasama to withdraw the case
which we had filed in the Supreme Court," Rubabuddin said
over phone from his village in Ujjain district.
He also said he had no knowledge of the affidavit filed
by his brother Nayamuddin in the CBI court here.
Rubabuddin said he had "full faith" in the CBI which was
investigating the case after SC order in January this year.
According to the chargesheet filed in the case by CBI,
Chudasama had offered Rubabuddin Rs 50 lakh to withdraw the
petition from the Supreme Court. He was also threatened by
Chudasama over phone, it further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list