Sohrab case: Brother accuses CBI of changing statement
Ahmedabad: One of the brothers of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Nayamuddin, who is a witness in the fake
encounter killing case, has alleged CBI has altered his
statement and included some portions which he never said
In a two-page affidavit sent to the special CBI court of
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A Y Dave here today,
Nayamuddin said three points, which he had not stated to CBI,
have been included in his statement.
Of the three points, the first is that one of the
arrested IPS officers in the case, Abhay Chudasama, had asked
him to withdraw the petition filed in Supreme court in
Second, Chudasama had threatened him in the name of
Madhya Pradesh government to get the petition withdrawn and
third that he was given inducement by Chudasama to do the
Nayamuddin has said in the affidavit that after CBI filed
the chargesheet in the case on July 23, he came to know that
these three points were added in his statement without his
knowledge or consent.
He has further stated that he was filing this affidavit
so that no innocent person is affected by the incorrect
portions included in his statement.
Meanwhile, Sohrabuddin`s other brother Rubabuddin has
maintained that he had received threats from Chudasama.
"We did get threats from Chudasama to withdraw the case
which we had filed in the Supreme Court," Rubabuddin said
over phone from his village in Ujjain district.
He also said he had no knowledge of the affidavit filed
by his brother Nayamuddin in the CBI court here.
Rubabuddin said he had "full faith" in the CBI which was
investigating the case after SC order in January this year.
According to the chargesheet filed in the case by CBI,
Chudasama had offered Rubabuddin Rs 50 lakh to withdraw the
petition from the Supreme Court. He was also threatened by
Chudasama over phone, it further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks