Sohrab case: Brother accuses CBI of changing statement
Ahmedabad: One of the brothers of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Nayamuddin, who is a witness in the fake
encounter killing case, has alleged CBI has altered his
statement and included some portions which he never said
In a two-page affidavit sent to the special CBI court of
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A Y Dave here today,
Nayamuddin said three points, which he had not stated to CBI,
have been included in his statement.
Of the three points, the first is that one of the
arrested IPS officers in the case, Abhay Chudasama, had asked
him to withdraw the petition filed in Supreme court in
Second, Chudasama had threatened him in the name of
Madhya Pradesh government to get the petition withdrawn and
third that he was given inducement by Chudasama to do the
Nayamuddin has said in the affidavit that after CBI filed
the chargesheet in the case on July 23, he came to know that
these three points were added in his statement without his
knowledge or consent.
He has further stated that he was filing this affidavit
so that no innocent person is affected by the incorrect
portions included in his statement.
Meanwhile, Sohrabuddin`s other brother Rubabuddin has
maintained that he had received threats from Chudasama.
"We did get threats from Chudasama to withdraw the case
which we had filed in the Supreme Court," Rubabuddin said
over phone from his village in Ujjain district.
He also said he had no knowledge of the affidavit filed
by his brother Nayamuddin in the CBI court here.
Rubabuddin said he had "full faith" in the CBI which was
investigating the case after SC order in January this year.
According to the chargesheet filed in the case by CBI,
Chudasama had offered Rubabuddin Rs 50 lakh to withdraw the
petition from the Supreme Court. He was also threatened by
Chudasama over phone, it further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'