Sohrab case: Brother accuses CBI of changing statement
Ahmedabad: One of the brothers of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Nayamuddin, who is a witness in the fake
encounter killing case, has alleged CBI has altered his
statement and included some portions which he never said
In a two-page affidavit sent to the special CBI court of
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A Y Dave here today,
Nayamuddin said three points, which he had not stated to CBI,
have been included in his statement.
Of the three points, the first is that one of the
arrested IPS officers in the case, Abhay Chudasama, had asked
him to withdraw the petition filed in Supreme court in
Second, Chudasama had threatened him in the name of
Madhya Pradesh government to get the petition withdrawn and
third that he was given inducement by Chudasama to do the
Nayamuddin has said in the affidavit that after CBI filed
the chargesheet in the case on July 23, he came to know that
these three points were added in his statement without his
knowledge or consent.
He has further stated that he was filing this affidavit
so that no innocent person is affected by the incorrect
portions included in his statement.
Meanwhile, Sohrabuddin`s other brother Rubabuddin has
maintained that he had received threats from Chudasama.
"We did get threats from Chudasama to withdraw the case
which we had filed in the Supreme Court," Rubabuddin said
over phone from his village in Ujjain district.
He also said he had no knowledge of the affidavit filed
by his brother Nayamuddin in the CBI court here.
Rubabuddin said he had "full faith" in the CBI which was
investigating the case after SC order in January this year.
According to the chargesheet filed in the case by CBI,
Chudasama had offered Rubabuddin Rs 50 lakh to withdraw the
petition from the Supreme Court. He was also threatened by
Chudasama over phone, it further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...