Sohrabuddin case: Witness says threatened by CBI
Ahmedabad: A witness in the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case has said he had gone underground as
he feared that the CBI, which is probing the case, would force
him to make "more false statements".
The witness, Noor Mohammad Goghari, told this to a court
hearing the Popular Builder firing case yesterday in which he
is an accused.
According to CBI charge sheet, firing at Popular builder
in December 2004 was stage managed by some of the accused in
fake encounter case with the purpose of lodging FIR against
Sohrabuddin in Gujarat.
Goghari is shown as a witness in the charge sheet in the
Sohrabuddin fake encounter case and his statement, recorded
under Section 161 of CrPC, has been included in it.
As per the statement, he has said he was threatened by
IPS officers accused in the fake encounter case.
He told the court hat he did not appear during the last
hearing as he feared that CBI would pick him up, make false
statements on his behalf and implicate him in the fake
In his application before additional sessions judge I B
Waghela, who had issued warrant against him, Goghari said he
was called to the CBI office for questioning in fake encounter
case, where he had denied having information about the case.
He said the CBI officials pressurised him to make
statements of their choice, saying they would help him out in
the Popular Builder firing case.
In application for cancellation of warrant against him,
Goghari said he feared arrest after IPS officer Abhay
Chudasama was held by the CBI.
He said he went into hiding for protection even without
informing his family, after the arrest of Chudasama in April
Goghari in his statement before CBI had said that some of
the accused IPS officers in the fake encounter case like D G
Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Chudasama, had threatened him.
He had also said that Chudasama had framed him in a case
where he had to spend three years in jail, before he was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla