Sonia Gandhi abroad for medical check up
New Delhi: Nearly six months after
undergoing a surgery abroad, Congress President Sonia Gandhi
has travelled out of the country for a "routine checkup" in
connection with the treatment for her undisclosed illness.
"Congress President Sonia Gandhi has travelled abroad for
routine check up after six months of her earlier treatment,"
AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said here on Tuesday.
He said Gandhi, 65, would return in four to five days.
Party sources said that Gandhi left for an undisclosed
foreign destination last night without disclosing the nature of the check up.
Asked whether a team has been formed to look after party
affairs in her absence, the sources said that since this was a
brief visit abroad there was no need for such an arrangement.
Gandhi had gone abroad for treatment of an undisclosed
ailment in August last year.
During her over month-long stay abroad she had underwent
In her absence then, Gandhi`s son, Rahul and three senior
leaders were made in-charge of party affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!