Sonia Gandhi hoax call: BHEL employee called Attorney General impersonating Congress chief?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A BHEL woman employee is suspected to be the hoax caller impersonating Congress president Sonia Gandhi and making a call to the Attorney General GE Vahanvati.
The woman employee has reportedly been identified by the Delhi police during initial investigation and an FIR in the case is expected to be lodged soon.
On September 5, a woman working with a public sector firm was reported to have imitated Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s voice when she made calls to Vahanvati regarding some high-profile cases in the Supreme Court following which he lodged a police complaint.
The woman, said to be a PSU worker, had allegedly imitated Sonia and managed to convincingly sound unhappy while talking to Vahanvati over what she said was his handling of several crucial and high profile cases, including those related to coal allocations.
She was allegedly asked by someone linked to the coal scam to talk to Vahanvati apparently to influence his opinion on the scam before Supreme Court.
Initially the caller posed herself as Sonia Gandhi and later made claims that she was calling from her back office of the Congress president, the sources said.
A discreet probe was carried out by central security agencies after which the AG informed the government which advised him to register a complaint with the Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark