Sonia Gandhi resigns from two posts
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Thursday resigned from her posts at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library and at the culture ministry.
Party sources confirmed that the Congress president had resigned from both the positions.
Gandhi was a member of the NMML, according to her Lok Sabha profile. She was also a member of the National Committee formed under the culture ministry to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of India`s first prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
The celebrations to honour Nehru are expected to start from Nov 14 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption