Sonia Gandhi resigns from two posts
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Thursday resigned from her posts at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library and at the culture ministry.
Party sources confirmed that the Congress president had resigned from both the positions.
Gandhi was a member of the NMML, according to her Lok Sabha profile. She was also a member of the National Committee formed under the culture ministry to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of India`s first prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
The celebrations to honour Nehru are expected to start from Nov 14 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened