Sonia Gandhi resigns from two posts
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Thursday resigned from her posts at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library and at the culture ministry.
Party sources confirmed that the Congress president had resigned from both the positions.
Gandhi was a member of the NMML, according to her Lok Sabha profile. She was also a member of the National Committee formed under the culture ministry to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of India`s first prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
The celebrations to honour Nehru are expected to start from Nov 14 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred