Sonia gandhi to host farewell dinner for Manmohan Singh on May 14
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is being given a farewell dinner by Congress President Sonia Gandhi on May 14.
A memento is expected to be presented to Singh signed by all CWC Members and Union Ministers, sources said.
The dinner by Gandhi, who is also UPA Chairperson, comes two days before the announcement of results of Lok Sabha elections.
The Prime Minister would be demitting office on May 17, a day after the Lok Sabha elections results are announced.
He had earlier this year announced his retirement, after a decade at the helm of two successive United Progressive Alliance (UPA) governments.
On the eve of his demitting office , the Prime Minister is to "address the people" in a farewell speech.
Congress leaders had always spoken of the relationship between the Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi as an ideal division of labour, which saw perfect harmonization between the government and the party.
AICC has always maintained that there cannot be any better relationship between a party president and a Prime Minister and had often dismissed as "rumours and disinformation" reports of differences between the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!