Sonia ill, skips Uttarakhand rally
Dehradun: The UPA chairperson and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi won’t be attending party’s rally in Chamoli district on Wednesday as she is said to be suffering from viral fever.
Today’s rally at Gauchar in Chamoli district was important as it was planned as the official start of party’s poll campaign for 2012 Uttarakhand Assembly Elections.
Moreover, it was to be the first public rally of the Congress chief ever since she returned from the United States following a major surgery, which was threatening her life.
The Congress chief was also to lay the foundation stone of the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project, which also coincides with the state’s formation day.
In view of her absence, her message would be read out during the rally in Chamoli.
The ruling BJP had criticised the Congress for not inviting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail line project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO