Sonia ill, skips Uttarakhand rally
Dehradun: The UPA chairperson and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi won’t be attending party’s rally in Chamoli district on Wednesday as she is said to be suffering from viral fever.
Today’s rally at Gauchar in Chamoli district was important as it was planned as the official start of party’s poll campaign for 2012 Uttarakhand Assembly Elections.
Moreover, it was to be the first public rally of the Congress chief ever since she returned from the United States following a major surgery, which was threatening her life.
The Congress chief was also to lay the foundation stone of the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project, which also coincides with the state’s formation day.
In view of her absence, her message would be read out during the rally in Chamoli.
The ruling BJP had criticised the Congress for not inviting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail line project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere