Sonia ill, skips Uttarakhand rally
Dehradun: The UPA chairperson and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi won’t be attending party’s rally in Chamoli district on Wednesday as she is said to be suffering from viral fever.
Today’s rally at Gauchar in Chamoli district was important as it was planned as the official start of party’s poll campaign for 2012 Uttarakhand Assembly Elections.
Moreover, it was to be the first public rally of the Congress chief ever since she returned from the United States following a major surgery, which was threatening her life.
The Congress chief was also to lay the foundation stone of the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project, which also coincides with the state’s formation day.
In view of her absence, her message would be read out during the rally in Chamoli.
The ruling BJP had criticised the Congress for not inviting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail line project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video