Sonia returns to Delhi after undergoing surgery
New Delhi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi returned to Delhi on Thursday morning after her successful surgery for an undisclosed ailment in the US.
She returned to New Delhi at 3 am today after spending more than a month in the US.
"Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
10 Janpath sources said she is not meeting anyone.
The 64-year-old Gandhi had left the country on August two and underwent a surgery around August 04 and 05.
Before she left on August 04, she had formed a four-member group, including her son and general secretary Rahul Gandhi, to look after party matters in her absence. The others were Defence Minister AK Antony, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and party chief spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow