SP, BSP MPs walk out before voting on Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: SP and BSP on Tuesday staged a walk
out from the Lok Sabha shortly before the voting on the Lokpal
Bill tonight in protest against Government bringing a "weak"
"We had demanded a strong Lokpal. It is not strong. It is
sarkari Lokpal. There is no meaning to it. It was brought in
a hurry and under Anna Hazare`s pressure," SP supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav told reporters here.
Asked why did he not protest against the bill in the
House by voting against it, Yadav said, "We don`t want to
BSP leader Dara Singh Chauhan said the party MPs walked
out of the House in protest against Government`s refusal to
accept their demand of bringing the CBI under Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test