Special trains for Ajmer Sharif pilgrims
New Delhi: The Indian Railways will run special trains to Ajmer from various parts of the country for devotees travelling to the Rajasthan city for the 798th Urs of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
A press release issued Sunday said Railway minister Mamta Banerjee has taken "keen interest" in planning the special trains which will allow devotees to participate in the urs.
The trains will run from 18 cities between June 14-25.
The cities are Mumbai, Saharanpur, Sultanpur, Haridwar, Chennai, Delhi, Ongole, Hyderabad, Ernakulam, Chhapra, Barauni, Kamakhya, New Jalpaiguri, Jaipur, Asansol, Sealdah, Jamshedpur and Patna.
According to release, one train has been planned between Delhi and Ajmer for devotees coming from Pakistan.
The schedule of the special trains will be publicized through newspapers and bookings can be made through the local reservation centres, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog