Special trains for Ajmer Sharif pilgrims
New Delhi: The Indian Railways will run special trains to Ajmer from various parts of the country for devotees travelling to the Rajasthan city for the 798th Urs of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
A press release issued Sunday said Railway minister Mamta Banerjee has taken "keen interest" in planning the special trains which will allow devotees to participate in the urs.
The trains will run from 18 cities between June 14-25.
The cities are Mumbai, Saharanpur, Sultanpur, Haridwar, Chennai, Delhi, Ongole, Hyderabad, Ernakulam, Chhapra, Barauni, Kamakhya, New Jalpaiguri, Jaipur, Asansol, Sealdah, Jamshedpur and Patna.
According to release, one train has been planned between Delhi and Ajmer for devotees coming from Pakistan.
The schedule of the special trains will be publicized through newspapers and bookings can be made through the local reservation centres, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing