Special trains for Ajmer Sharif pilgrims
New Delhi: The Indian Railways will run special trains to Ajmer from various parts of the country for devotees travelling to the Rajasthan city for the 798th Urs of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
A press release issued Sunday said Railway minister Mamta Banerjee has taken "keen interest" in planning the special trains which will allow devotees to participate in the urs.
The trains will run from 18 cities between June 14-25.
The cities are Mumbai, Saharanpur, Sultanpur, Haridwar, Chennai, Delhi, Ongole, Hyderabad, Ernakulam, Chhapra, Barauni, Kamakhya, New Jalpaiguri, Jaipur, Asansol, Sealdah, Jamshedpur and Patna.
According to release, one train has been planned between Delhi and Ajmer for devotees coming from Pakistan.
The schedule of the special trains will be publicized through newspapers and bookings can be made through the local reservation centres, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh