Special trains for Ajmer Sharif pilgrims
New Delhi: The Indian Railways will run special trains to Ajmer from various parts of the country for devotees travelling to the Rajasthan city for the 798th Urs of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
A press release issued Sunday said Railway minister Mamta Banerjee has taken "keen interest" in planning the special trains which will allow devotees to participate in the urs.
The trains will run from 18 cities between June 14-25.
The cities are Mumbai, Saharanpur, Sultanpur, Haridwar, Chennai, Delhi, Ongole, Hyderabad, Ernakulam, Chhapra, Barauni, Kamakhya, New Jalpaiguri, Jaipur, Asansol, Sealdah, Jamshedpur and Patna.
According to release, one train has been planned between Delhi and Ajmer for devotees coming from Pakistan.
The schedule of the special trains will be publicized through newspapers and bookings can be made through the local reservation centres, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!