Sri Lankan Navy damages fishing nets of Indian fishermen
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Naval personnel on Sunday allegedly damaged fishing nets of Indian fishermen, who had ventured into the sea from here.
Fishing nets of 50 boats were damaged when they were fishing near Katchatheevu, officials said.
The front portion of a boat was also damaged when a Lankan Naval vessel, allegedly in a deliberate attempt, dashed against it, they said, quoting a fisherman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre