Sri Sri lauds Narendra Modi, says that AAP lacks experience
Chandrapur: Sri Sri Ravishankar on Thursday praised Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "good man" but said he has no opinion about Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi as he was not acquianted with him.
Answering a specific question about his opinion of Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi, at the Club Grounds here, where he was conducting a `Divya Utsav cum Mahastasang` he said that he is not at all acquainted with Rahul Gandhi and hence had "no opinion" on him, but informed that he had met Narendra Modi a couple of times and "he appears to be a good man".
He also said that coalition governments have proved to be a failure in governance and hence "a single party government with majority" is the need of the hour.
When asked about his opinion about the Aam Admi Party (AAP) as an alternative to existing political parties at Centre, he said that though AAP appears to be honest in providing corruption free governance, it lacked experience.
"It is like giving keys to a driver with learning license to drive the vehicle in difficult terrain. Hence it is better to wait for some more time to analyse its performance. Time is not ripe yet for AAP to form government at the Centre," Sri Sri told reporters.
He also spoke about the Art of Living (AOL) Foundation`s latest mission called `Vote For Better India`.
"Vote For Better India, is AOL`s new mission through which over 12 crore youth in our county would be encouraged to enroll their names in voters` lists and vote for the candidate of their choice during the forthcoming elections," he said.
"We have to ensure that there is 100 per cent voting so that the real representatives of the people of the area get elected. We have thousands of volunteers working for the cause to assist and ensure enrollment of names in voters` lists," Sri Sri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say