Start lessons on integrity, honesty: CVC to CBSE
New Delhi: Amid concerns over the issue of
corruption, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has asked
the CBSE to explore the possibility of introducing lessons on
integrity and honesty in schools.
"CVC in its annual zonal review meeting in July this year
has asked CBSE to explore ways to increase lessons on
integrity and honesty in schools," Minister of State for HRD D
In a written reply in Lok Sabha, she however, said
lessons on integrity and honesty are well integrated in
languages, science, social sciences and environmental
CBSE adopts the curriculum formulated by NCERT and
prescribes textbooks prepared by NCERT for class IX to XII.
The Minister said CBSE affiliated schools are also
encouraged to have eco clubs, integrity clubs, health and
wellness clubs and heritage clubs as co-curricular activities.
The CBSE has also brought out teacher manuals on value
education to help teachers to integrate human values in
It has also decided to send a detailed circular to CBSE
affiliated schools asking them to hold year long programmes
and activities in schools to create awareness among school
children regarding human values, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere