Start lessons on integrity, honesty: CVC to CBSE
New Delhi: Amid concerns over the issue of
corruption, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has asked
the CBSE to explore the possibility of introducing lessons on
integrity and honesty in schools.
"CVC in its annual zonal review meeting in July this year
has asked CBSE to explore ways to increase lessons on
integrity and honesty in schools," Minister of State for HRD D
In a written reply in Lok Sabha, she however, said
lessons on integrity and honesty are well integrated in
languages, science, social sciences and environmental
CBSE adopts the curriculum formulated by NCERT and
prescribes textbooks prepared by NCERT for class IX to XII.
The Minister said CBSE affiliated schools are also
encouraged to have eco clubs, integrity clubs, health and
wellness clubs and heritage clubs as co-curricular activities.
The CBSE has also brought out teacher manuals on value
education to help teachers to integrate human values in
It has also decided to send a detailed circular to CBSE
affiliated schools asking them to hold year long programmes
and activities in schools to create awareness among school
children regarding human values, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan