`States should act against corruption in MNREGA`
Indore: Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh Friday said that state government should initiate action into complaints received about alleged misappropriation of funds in schemes like MNREGA and PMGSY.
The Minister, who was here to review centre sponsored schemes in tribal parts of Malwa region, said that complaints about misappropriation of funds and corruption in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) and Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) were being reported from some states including Madhya Pradesh but the states were not ensuring action.
Ramesh said that his ministry can only release grants for the central schemes and probe the matter in case of complaints. But action in corruption related cases has to be taken by the respective states at their level, he added.
He also informed that the CAG report on MNREGA is expected to be tabled in Parliament next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley