Students protest UPSC results in Delhi
New Delhi: A group of students Sunday staged a demonstration at the capital`s Jantar Mantar protesting the Union Public Service Commission`s (UPSC) civil service exam preliminary results.
A candlelight vigil was held by the students who alleged that the results were not fair and blamed the commission of corruption.
"Many students with lower scores have made it to the list, while those with higher marks have been left out," said Anurag Tripathi, a PhD scholar from the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi.
The UPSC preliminary exams results were declared last week. The UPSC conducts a three-tier exam yearly for entry into country`s higher administrative services.
The students are demanding greater transparency in the procedure of conducting the exam and revelation of the cut-off marks.
"I scored 84 in Geography and 56 in General Studies but my name was not in the list, but I know students with lesser marks who have made it to the list," said Kapil, another student from JNU.
Disclosure of marks and the cut-off has been demanded by students in the past as well. The commission has also rejected Right To Information applications demanding the disclosure of marks.
"We want the UPSC results to be revised. They don`t reveal the information in RTI, there is no transparency," said Ashok Kumar, who has done his masters from Jamia Millia Islamia University.
The students also displayed placards and banners and shouted slogans against the UPSC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt