Subramanian Swamy seeks SIT probe into Bhopal`s Herald land scam
New Delhi: Janata Party supremo Subramanian Swamy fired fresh salvo at the ruling Congress party on Sunday by demanding an SIT inquiry into the Herald land scam in Bhopal.
As per reports, the plot of land that was sold at a concessional rate to the newspaper was used to build a shopping mall.
CNN-IBN reported that the BJP-led state government in Madhya Pradesh (MP) is planning to take the plot back.
Swamy had earlier heaped charges of corruption against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi over Associated Journals that once published National Herald and Qaumi Awaaz newspapers.
In the wake of Swamy`s charges, the MP government too has reportedly been planning to take back the properties built on the land allotted in 1981 to Associated Journals by the then Arjun Singh-led Congress government.
The report added that land allocation was cancelled in March this year after the land lease for the property expired last year. But the property has remained in possession of heirs of former Congress minister Tanvant Singh Keer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!