Subramanian Swamy seeks SIT probe into Bhopal`s Herald land scam
New Delhi: Janata Party supremo Subramanian Swamy fired fresh salvo at the ruling Congress party on Sunday by demanding an SIT inquiry into the Herald land scam in Bhopal.
As per reports, the plot of land that was sold at a concessional rate to the newspaper was used to build a shopping mall.
CNN-IBN reported that the BJP-led state government in Madhya Pradesh (MP) is planning to take the plot back.
Swamy had earlier heaped charges of corruption against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi over Associated Journals that once published National Herald and Qaumi Awaaz newspapers.
In the wake of Swamy`s charges, the MP government too has reportedly been planning to take back the properties built on the land allotted in 1981 to Associated Journals by the then Arjun Singh-led Congress government.
The report added that land allocation was cancelled in March this year after the land lease for the property expired last year. But the property has remained in possession of heirs of former Congress minister Tanvant Singh Keer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter