Subramanian Swamy welcomes SC verdict on Kundakulum
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Monday welcomed the Supreme Court verdict on Kundakulum Nuclear Power Project and said government should now crackdown on any further agitation which disrupts the schedule of its completion.
He said that from the very beginning he had termed the agitation against implementation of KNPP as "anti-national".
"I welcome the long overdue judgement of the Supreme Court on the validity and importance for the nation of the KNPP.
"Now that the matter has been finally settled by the SC after hearing both sides, the Government of India must crackdown on any further agitation if it takes place, and which disrupts the schedule for the completion of the project," Swamy said.
Alleging that the contrived agitation against KNPP implementation was led by Catholic missionaries and funded by foreign money, he said, "Catholic nuns were seen distributing food packets to those villagers near the area who were made to do a dharna near the area."
He demanded that the Government of India must arrest all anti-national leaders of this agitation under National Security Act and urged Tamil Nadu government to cooperate and "not engage in competitive politics with the DMK."
Swamy alleged that the KNPP had terrified certain Western European nations which had planned to sell India outdated nuclear reactors following the signing of Indo-US Nuclear Treaty.
The Janata Party Chief, while showering praise on KNPP, said it uses state of the art technology provided by the Russians at a reasonable price.
The apex court today cleared hurdles in commissioning of the controversial Kundakulum nuclear plant, saying safety and security requirements have been taken care of and the project would benefit larger public interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months