Sukh Ram not in coma: Hospital
New Delhi: Former Union Minister Sukh Ram,
convicted in a 1993 telecom scam and ordered to surrender, is
not in a state of coma, doctors attending on him said,
contradicting his counsel`s submission in a court here that he
cannot move from hospital as he is in a coma.
"It may be clarified that Shri Sukhramji was never in
coma while in hospital," Dr Wasi U Khan, Medical
Superintendent, Metro Heart Institute, Lajpat Nagar, where
Sukh Ram is admitted, said in a statement.
"His condition is generally stable other than mild
drowsiness because of low sodium," Dr Sandeep Chatrath
Group Chief, Metro Group of Hospitals, said.
The former minister`s counsel told the Delhi High court
today that Sukh Ram "has gone into coma, he cannot move from
Sukh Ram, was directed by the Supreme Court to
surrender before the trial court yesterday but he expressed
inability to do so citing medical reasons.
The former telecom minister was admitted to the Metro
Heart Institute on December 31, 2011, after he complained of
severe chest pain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'