Sukh Ram not in coma: Hospital
New Delhi: Former Union Minister Sukh Ram,
convicted in a 1993 telecom scam and ordered to surrender, is
not in a state of coma, doctors attending on him said,
contradicting his counsel`s submission in a court here that he
cannot move from hospital as he is in a coma.
"It may be clarified that Shri Sukhramji was never in
coma while in hospital," Dr Wasi U Khan, Medical
Superintendent, Metro Heart Institute, Lajpat Nagar, where
Sukh Ram is admitted, said in a statement.
"His condition is generally stable other than mild
drowsiness because of low sodium," Dr Sandeep Chatrath
Group Chief, Metro Group of Hospitals, said.
The former minister`s counsel told the Delhi High court
today that Sukh Ram "has gone into coma, he cannot move from
Sukh Ram, was directed by the Supreme Court to
surrender before the trial court yesterday but he expressed
inability to do so citing medical reasons.
The former telecom minister was admitted to the Metro
Heart Institute on December 31, 2011, after he complained of
severe chest pain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users